Charts, Maps & Graphics
The Coquille River Lighthouse is situated nearly at sea level atop Rackliff Rock across the Coquille River from the town of Bandon, OR.
This engineering drawing depicts the south and east elevations along with birds' eye views of the lighthouse and its out buildings, all done to scale.
The size of all the drawings are 14 3/4" wide and 11" in height and they are on 100% acid free, UV coated, gloss cover stock.
The Cape Arago Lighthouse, was built in 1866, on Chief's Island off Gregory Point, south of the Coos River. It was Oregon's oldest continuously operated lighthouse until 2006 when the light was extinguished.
NOTICE: Reproduction of these drawings/images by any means is not permitted without written permission from Ned Reed, Bandon, OR. 97411-0265. Copyright 2017
Heceta Head Lighthouse was built on the southwestern side of a high bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean in one of the most isolated locations in the Oregon lighthouse service. The keepers were resupplied by ships called, lighthouse tenders, 4 times a year. The light tower is 56' tall and shines 205' above the Pacific. It was first illuminated on March 30th, 1894.
The lighthouse tender Rose built in 1914, was 127' 9" in length, a beam of 24' 6", and had a draft of 9' 4". Her 330HP steam engines, cruising at approximately 8 knots, carried a complement of 20 officers and men. The Oregon coast was her area of responsibility and she plied it until 1947 when she was decommissioned. This drawing is very detailed, drawn to scale, showing her decks, holds, and various rooms.
Cape Blanco Lighthouse is still operational with a first order Fresnel lens and boasts the oldest original lighthouse tower on the Oregon Coast. The 59 ft. tower sits atop 200 ft. cliffs on the westernmost tip of Oregon and rises 45 ft. from the base of the lighthouse to the Focal Plane of 245 ft. above sea level. The range of the light is 18.29 Statute Miles or 21.06 Nautical Miles.
The drawing is done to scale with a map showing the location of the lighthouse.
Cost of each drawing is $15.00 plus $5.00 S/H
Two lighthouses have stood overlooking the Umpqua river to the ocean. The first, built in 1857 stood on the sandy southern shore where flooding and high winter runoff eventually washed out its foundation. The second, stands on a ridge to the south of the river's mouth overlooking Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area. It has a 65' tower and was first lit on December 31, 1894. It still stands today.